- February 2020
- December 2019
- August 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- February 2019
- November 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- January 2018
- September 2017
- August 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- All Current Articles
Which positions are open for election In 2020?
Elected board positions that are currently open for nominations are:
- VP of Administration
- VP of Professional Development (1 year term)
- VP of Volunteers
- VP of Outreach
- VP of Membership
All Dayton-Miami Valley PMI Board positions are a two-year commitment (except the one-year commitment of the VP of Professional Development), with approximately half of the board positions changing each year.
The operating year is January 1 to December 31. New positions are effective January 1 of the next calendar year. So those who run for this election will serve as a board member for our Chapter from January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2022.
Who can run?
Any Dayton/Miami Valley PMI Chapter member whose membership is in good standing at the time of the election may run for a position. Having a PMP is not a requirement, being a local PMI chapter member is. Nominees also are required to maintain membership during their tenure at the Board. All chapter members are encouraged to consider running for a Board of Directors position. The Board is strengthened when there is a broad, diverse representation from its membership.
Reasons to join the board include:
- PDUs…lots and lots of PDUs (both for volunteerism and for trainings attended while in a board capacity).
- Personal satisfaction, recognition, branding, networking with others
- Leadership Opportunities – conferences, meetings, mentoring
- Develop/Enhance Project Management, Leadership, Technical, and Business skills
- Give back to local community & Project Management
- The ability to influence the success of PMI Dayton within the community
- Provide ( future ) Project Managers a way to learn about Project Management
- Provide Project Managers a way to grow as Project Leaders
Because one person can make a difference!!!
Each member of the board has a responsibility to participate fully in the chapter and make themselves available to the members. Board members must attend board meetings, either physically or virtually. Board members are expected to work for the chapter as a whole and coordinate efforts to fulfill the chapter’s strategic initiatives while on the board. In addition to these general board requirements, below is a high-level list of tasks assigned to each VP role.
VP of Professional Development - 1-year term
The Vice President – Professional Development shall develop and execute a coordinated, yearlong program to enhance the professional development of the PMI Dayton/Miami Valley Chapter membership and the practice of project management in the Dayton/Miami Valley area. This role has historically hosted a minimum of two events per year, one being the Summit. People in this role generally report about 3 hours per week of PMI service, however, it is much higher for the month leading up to an event.
VP of Administration
The Vice President ‐ Administration shall keep the records of all business meetings of the PMI Dayton/Miami Valley Chapter and of the Board. Commitment for this role has historically been 4-8 hours per week.
VP of Volunteers
The Vice President - Volunteers is responsible for addressing the needs of the volunteers, including recruitment, retention, recognition, and leadership development training and support in accordance with chapter policies and bylaws. This role can be a commitment of hours as determined by the VP in the position, a minimum of 4-8 hours per month of service.
VP of Outreach
The Vice President – Outreach shall responsible for coordination and oversight of all activities related to academia, businesses, and communities to promote and provide project management support to scholastic, businesses, and non‐profit organizations. Previous Outreach VPs have reported spending 100 hours in service of this role per year, but this varies depending on objectives defined for that year.
The Vice President – Membership shall develop and implement a Member Recruiting and Retention Plan and provide membership information to other Board members as requested. This role has historically created a minimum of one networking event for members, sends out letters to new members, reminds current members of their membership dates and brings the value of PMI to the members. Commitment for this role is typically about 8 hours per month, more when hosting a networking event.
- All open board vice-president positions will be elected by majority vote.
- Regardless of whether a position is contested by two or more people or has one candidate nominated, voting will take place for all positions to ensure that the Chapter members* have had their voice in the process.
- Should open positions remain unfilled after elections, the current President will subsequently select and present a suitable candidate to the Board for appointment to the position.
- Election results will be announced on November 22, 2020 via email.
* Membership status is determined by the PMI Global Operations Center chapter membership list. Chapter membership is additional to the general PMI membership. New memberships, or renewals, can take a few days to process and appear on the list, so please ensure your Chapter membership is active at least 1 week prior to the election.
You should submit your nomination form via our website, which will submit the information to the Nomination Committee for review. All nominations must be submitted no later than Monday, October 26, 2020.
Contact us at [email protected].