Many members of the Armed Forces have acquired skills in their military careers which closely align with the skills needed to be a successful project manager. Our Military outreach program can assist active or former military service members to transition from a military to civilian career in the growing field of project management.
The Military Outreach program offers several benefits to military members preparing for their next career move:
- Membership: the opportunity to join an organization with over 2.9 million professionals and 500,000 members.
- Certification Assistance: guidance on the best PMI certification based on your experience; assistance with the application process and exam certification prep.
- Education: access to exclusive PMI resources to broaden your project management knowledge.
- Networking: local chapter meetings and other networking events to interact with other project managers in the Dayton / Miami Valley area.
- Placement: assistance with resume building, interviewing, and job searching.
For more information on project management career opportunities, please refer to the materials below.
PMI Military (http://www.pmi.org/military)
If you have specific questions about our Outreach program, please email [email protected].
Military Transition Volunteers
We are also seeking local chapter members with military experience to serve as mentors to military members looking to transition to a civilian project management career. Volunteers would provide tips on certification options, resume building, interviewing, job search tips, and other career advice to active military members and their families. Please email [email protected] if you would be interested in volunteering as a liaison.